RICHMOND, Va. (WSET) — The voter registration deadline for the March 3, 2020, Virginia Democratic Presidential Primary is Monday, February 10.
To register to vote or update your voter registration information:
- By mail: Applications must be postmarked by February 10.
- In-person: Applications must be submitted by 5 pm February 10.
- Online: Applications must be submitted by 11:59 pm on February 10.
Any Virginian can check or update their registration name or address, or register for the first time at the Department of Election’s online Citizen Portal at www.elections.virginia.gov/vote.
To register to vote in Virginia, you must:
- Be a U.S. citizen,
- Be a resident of Virginia,
- Be at least 18 years old by the date of the November General Election (November 3, 2020), — 17-year-olds who register by February 10 and turn 18 by November 3 are eligible to vote in the March 3 Presidential Primary.
- Have had voting rights restored if convicted of a felony,
- Have had the capacity restored by court order if declared mentally incapacitated,
- Not be registered and plan to vote in another state.
In addition to registering online, eligible Virginians may also register at their local voter registration office.
Voter registration applications are also available at DMV customer service centers, social service offices, public libraries and other state and local government offices.
For more information about registering, local voter registration offices, absentee voting, acceptable photo IDs and more, visit the Department of Elections website or call toll-free at (800) 552-9745 or TTY 711