ABSENTEE VOTING IN 2020
Due to the COVID19 outbreak in the country, it’s imperative that we protect every Democrat’s right to vote in the June 9 Congressional Primary and the November 3 Election.
Kim McKiernan, Rappahannock County Registrar, says: In an effort to protect our voters, our election officials, and our staff, we are encouraging voters to submit an application to vote absentee by mail (your ballot is mailed to you) and to conduct all other business with the voter registration office via telephone 540-675-5380 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE: There are absentee ballot application forms and voter registration forms hanging on the Registrar of Voters’ office door along with in-depth instructions.
Please proceed to: https://vote.elections.virginia.gov/VoterInformation
- Complete the information for ‘registered voter’. (Note: if you are registering to vote, simply select ‘apply to register to vote’ on the left and follow those prompts. You are not required to re-register if you are already registered.)
- On the next screen, select “I want to apply for absentee voting.” Answer the questions on the next two screens.
- The screen following those two provides instructions for you to vote absentee due to social distancing. Select “I have a reason or condition that prevents me from going to the polls on Election Day”.
- Proceed to the next screen. Select the election for which you would like a ballot. (Note: We do not know yet whether the June Primary will be in-person or if it will be conducted virtually.) If you have no desire to vote in a June Primary, simply select November 2020. Then, as the instructions state, select ‘my disability or illness.’
a. BE SURE to provide your MAILING ADDRESS if it is different than your physical address!
b. If you want your ballot mailed to a different address, select “I would like my ballot delivered to a different address than my residence.” This includes post office boxes. If you do not provide a valid mailing address, your ballot will be returned to our office and you may miss the deadline to vote your ballot and return it to us.
c. BE SURE TO PROVIDE A PHONE NUMBER OR EMAIL ADDRESS in the ‘contact’ screen in the event we need to clarify anything about your application.
- At the Electronic Signature page, please (if you have a Virginia Driver’s License) provide the information requested, because that is how your application is signed electronically. If your application is not signed, we cannot process it.
a. IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A VIRGINIA DRIVER’S LICENSE: Please print this form (you only need to submit page number 3). Write ‘2A’ in the required reason code area.
b. Be sure to sign your form and provide the mailing address.
c. Select the 5th Congressional District Congressional Primary on June 9 or select the November General on November 3, 2020.
d. Provide contact information.
e. You can mail, scan and email, or fax your completed form to us at:
P.O. Box 236, Washington, VA 22740
Monday, May 18Deadline to register to vote in the Congressional Primary.
Tuesday, June 2Deadline to request an absentee ballot to be mailed to you by 5 pm
Tuesday June 95TH DISTRICT CONGRESSIONAL PRIMARY
Tuesday October 13Deadline to register to vote in the November General Election.
Tuesday October 27Deadline to request an absentee ballot to be mailed to you by 5pm.
NOTE: in the 2020 General Election, you don’t have to give a reason to vote absentee.
Tuesday November 3GENERAL ELECTION