Polls will be open from 6 a.m. – 7 p.m. You must be in line by 7 p.m.
“For the November 3, 2020 election, you may vote in person at your polling place, OR if you requested an absentee ballot, you may complete it and drop it off at your polling place on Election Day. If you drop off your absentee ballot, it MUST be returned in the sealed envelopes provided.” – Virginia Department of Elections.
Find your polling place here: https://www.elections.virginia.gov/casting-a-ballot/
Voters may provide either an acceptable form of ID or sign an ID Confirmation Statement at the polls.
You can show any of the following IDs to vote (source: VA Dept. of Elections):
- Voter confirmation documents
- Virginia driver’s license*
- Virginia DMV-issued photo ID
- United States passport
- Employer-issued photo ID
- Student ID issued by any community college or university located in the United States
- Other U.S. or Virginia government-issued photo ID
- Tribal enrollment or other tribal photo ID
- Virginia Voter Photo ID card
- A copy of a current utility bill, bank statement, government check, paycheck, or other government document containing the name and address of the voter
Here’s a link with more details of accepted IDs: https://www.elections.virginia.gov/media/formswarehouse/voter-id/outreach-materials/documents/EditedVoter-Identification-Chart-07.2020.pdf